Updated: April 14, 2009
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide – When you sign up for a BeyondDomaining.com Account or other BeyondDomaining.com service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services we may also request credit card or other payment account information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other BeyondDomaining.com services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
* Log information – When you access BeyondDomaining.com services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
* User communications – When you send email or other communications to BeyondDomaining.com, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
* Location data – BeyondDomaining.com may offer location-enabled services, such as BeyondDomaining.com Maps for mobile. If you use those services, BeyondDomaining.com may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
* Links – BeyondDomaining.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our web sites, customized content and advertising. Read more information about links and redirected URLs.
* Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
* Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
* Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
* Sending unsolicited promotional offers via email or physical postal mailings;
* Protecting the rights or property of BeyondDomaining.com or our users; and
* Developing new services.
BeyondDomaining.com processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some BeyondDomaining.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
BeyondDomaining.com may use the DoubleClick advertising cookie as a Google AdSense or Yahoo Publisher’s Network partner site and uses certain other third party services, including those from Google, to serve and manage ads and to monitor analytics from users across the web. In addition, you may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick cookie at any time by using DoubleClick’s opt-out cookie.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case BeyondDomaining.com may not be able to provide those services to you.
BeyondDomaining.com may, from time to time, shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of BeyondDomaining.com, however they will only do it in limited in limited circumstances.
BeyondDomaining.com may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement or link. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
Use of Google Advertising Products for Interest Based Advertising
* Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site based on a user’s visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit Google’s privacy pages.
We make our best efforts to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. However, we are a small organization with limited resources and may be unable to properly secure your data for threats out of our control. BeyondDomaining.com will not be held liable in any way shape or form for any compromise or loss of your personal information or data.
We restrict access to personal information to BeyondDomaining.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use BeyondDomaining.com services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.